Updated: July 21, 2020
Face Coverings Inside the Y
To help protect our members and staff and to follow suit with Collier County’s mandatory mask ordinance, effective immediately, the YMCA will require all members entering our facilities to wear a face covering in all common areas indoors where other members are present and whenever you are walking to and from the area where you will be working out.
Masks do not have to be worn outside, during your workout or group exercise classes as long as social distancing guidelines are followed.
Although we encourage face coverings as an extra layer of protection, they are not required for children under the age of 18 in our camps, youth sports and childcare programs.
While we can’t predict the long-term effects of COVID-19, we are committed to doing whatever is necessary to ensure your safety.
The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community.
Stay well and we’ll see you at the Y!
All updates are subject to change. Please continue to check back for the latest information.
YMCA Safety Guidelines
- Members will have their temperature checked prior to utilizing the facility.
- Members will be asked to sign an updated waiver.
- Contactless check-in check in through the mobile app or key tag at the Welcome Center.
- All Y staff interacting with members and program participants indoors will wear face coverings unless engaged or leading an active program or physical activity (i.e. group exercise instructor, sports leader, etc.)
- Masks are required in all common areas. They may be removed while using equipment, during group exercise classes, while using the pool or for children in Kid Zone.
- Please plan to bring your own mat and water bottle.
- Sanitizing surfaces between uses, deep cleaning at the end of each day are just a few ways we're keeping your Y clean and safe.
- We're excited to offer virtual workouts, your favorite instructors leading LIVE group exercise classes weekly.
- We're actively promoting social distancing by spacing out equipment, placing markers on the floors in waiting areas, and limiting capacity in group classes.
To keep you connected, active and healthy during our temporary suspension of Y facility access and programs, we're excited to launch Virtual YMCA. Enjoy online access to dozens of group fitness classes on the go and resources for your kids, so that they can continue to learn, grow and thrive while school's out.
No matter where you are, we're here for you.
Answers to your COVID-19 Questions
At the Y, we’re here for people. That means that we’re working hard to respond to the COVID-19 crisis & keep you informed. Find answers to questions about membership, programs, and more.