Five Days of Action
The Greater Naples YMCA and YMCA of South Collier (Marco YMCA) are participating in the Five Days of Action, April 18-22, 2022. The Five Days of Action is a week designed to raise awareness and inspire adults to take action to protect children from sexual abuse. We encourage adults and organizations in the community to play a vital role in making Collier County a safer place for children, especially during this ever-changing environment.
Five Days of Action will help communities and parents/caregivers take it One Day at a Time and will offer tips, tools, activities, and resources that are relevant to the current environment.
When adults know how abuse happens, see the warning signs, and respond quickly to prevent abuse, they foster a culture of child abuse prevention. Together, we can bring awareness to the issue of child sexual abuse in our communities and have important conversations around how we can all work together to prevent it from happening.
For more information about preventing child sexual abuse visit www.fivedaysofaction.org.
JOIN US IN TAKING A STANCE AGAINST CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE! – SIGN THE PLEDGE
- Simple Tips for Keeping Kids Safe. Keeping kids safe can be as simple as learning to "Know. See. Respond." Download Know. See. Respond. Booklet
- Be the Hero. Being able to respond as an active bystander, can make you a hero for a child in need.
Download 5 Steps to Protecting Children Toolkit
- Create a Family Code of Conduct. Family rules & values can help minimize inappropriate behavior & establish healthy boundaries. Download Family Code of Conduct Worksheet
- Staying Safe Online. The Internet provides kids the opportunity to learn. But there are also dangers that come with it. Download Keeping Your Kids Safe on the Internet Worksheet
- Be the Safe Adult. Understand what it means to be the "safe adult" and how to help identify them.
Download Learning about Safe Adults
Learn more about how you can protect children from sexual abuse.
- Department of Children and Families Abuse Hotline: https://reportabuse.dcf.state.fl.us/
- Children's Advocacy Center of Collier County: www.caccollier.org
- The David Lawrence Center: www.davidlawrencecenter.org
- Monique Burr Foundation for Children: https://www.mbfpreventioneducation.org/
- Florida Department of Health: https://cms-kids.com/families/families.html
- Prevent Child Abuse Florida: http://www.preventchildabusefl.org/
- Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childabuseandneglect
- Prevent Child Abuse America: https://preventchildabuse.org/resources/
Five Days of Action is an initiative of the YMCA Champions for Child Protection created and designed by Darkness to Light, with support from YMCA of the USA, The Redwoods Foundation, American Camp Association and the Monique Burr Foundation for Children.