Everyone is Welcome at the Y
The YMCA welcomes all who wish to participate and believes that no one should be turned away due to the inability to pay. Thanks to funds from our Annual Support Campaign, the Greater Naples YMCA provides financial assistance for children, teens, adults and families who cannot afford the full cost of a Y membership or YMCA programs.
Determining assistance is handled in a fair and consistent manner. Every YMCA member receives the same membership benefits, regardless of whether or not they receive a scholarship.
We use a sliding fee scale based on total household income and the number of household members. We require supporting documentation to verify household size and income, and we consider special circumstances when providing assistance.
Recipients are expected to be responsible for a percentage of the membership cost and/or the program fees. Qualification for YMCA financial assistance for membership is reviewed every 12 months.
how to apply
- Download a financial assistance application.
- Complete the form, and attach a copy of the required financial documents.
- The following information is mandatory for review /approval:
- Tax returns
- 2 current/consecutive pay stubs
- 2 current/consecutive months of bank statements
- Letter of intent or need. Explain why you need the assistance and for which programs you need it. If you are missing ANYTHING, please explain why in your letter of intent. Please note: If anything is missing, the financial aid request will not be reviewed until all is complete. To avoid delays, please include all of the above.
- Email the form and required paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org, or return the application and required documents to the YMCA.