Volunteer and Make a Difference
Volunteers are vital to the YMCA. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to meet the needs of the people who live in our community.
From board members to youth sports coaches to smiling greeters, volunteers are the heart of the Y. Hundreds of business leaders, community members, parents, teens, and so many more dedicate their time and talent to strengthening their local community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Becoming a volunteer allows individuals to give back and learn something about themselves in the process. The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Get involved today.
As a YMCA volunteer, you’ll directly impact the lives of people, families, children, and seniors, and help make our community stronger. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Explore your interests and passions
- Broaden your personal and professional skills
- Develop leadership skills
- Fulfill a school requirements
- Meet new friends from all walks of life.
- Support a cause that brings lasting personal and social change to others.
- Feel good, improve your health and reduce stress.
- Learn, grow, and have fun
WAYS TO VOLUNTEER
Looking for ways to help strengthen your community? Join us. We could use someone like you!
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Volunteer Coordinator at the Greater Naples YMCA fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing and determined while also recruiting, placing and tracking volunteers within the Y.
- Works with others to determine current needs for volunteers and to develop strategies for volunteer recruitment and placement (not including policy volunteers).
- Recruits diverse volunteer pools across multiple dimensions of diversity. Screens volunteers and forwards copies of applications to appropriate supervisors. Onboards and develops staff and volunteers for success. Recognizes volunteer contributions.
- Identifies and builds relationships with Internal and/or external partners or key stakeholders (e.g., local high schools and colleges) to support programs or projects. Makes presentations to outside groups regarding the benefits of volunteering at the YMCA.
- Maintains volunteer flies, tracks, and reports volunteer hours, and generates volunteer reports monthly.
A powerful opportunity to invest in kids’ lives.
We need volunteers like you. By giving a couple of hours each week, you impact a child’s life. Coaching is a unique opportunity to instill positive values and help kids develop healthy habits that extend far beyond the playing field. Our coaches provide a safe, healthy atmosphere, teach fundamentals of the game and promote the benefits of physical activity and teamwork.
As a coach, you become part of the Y family. You build a sense of community and spirit within your squad. Prior experience is helpful, but the only requirement is to lead youth as their mentor and hero. We provide the training, equipment and resources to help you prepare and succeed as a Y coach.
Building and Grounds
Our Y needs volunteers to help our Building and Grounds team. By supporting our Generalist, you can do light indoor and or outdoor work to help with improvements at the YMCA. Volunteers can help with light cleaning, locker room checks or painting. You can also help outdoors, looking after the flower beds or trimming bushes, cutting grass, and sweeping.
Wellness and Fitness
Help us provide a quality wellness experience for Y members and health seekers. You’ll help members and guests have a safe and pleasant experience in our wellness areas and weight rooms by helping with weight and cardio machine set up and keeping the workout areas clean and tidy.
Help to raise the funds to ensure that YMCA programs are open to everyone regardless of economic circumstances, while gaining valuable leadership and community building experience. Volunteer opportunities are available for the Annual Campaign
Become a mentor and give a child the courage to read the world!
By volunteering two hours a week, you can teach a child to read. As a YMCA READS mentor, you will work in a small group environment or one- on-one with a kindergarten to fourth-grade student, developing positive self- esteem and helping
students improve their academic performance. Be a child’s tutor and friend and give them the keys to a brighter future.
No experience necessary!
Ready to volunteer? Contact our YREADS Coordinator by calling 239.394.9622, ext 114 or emailing
Questions or more information, please email email@example.com